CANDLE CARE TIPS
Get the most out of your Artumie Candle Studio purchase with these candle burning tips!
1. When lighting for the first time, burn your candle until wax melts across entire surface to the sides of the container. This prevents "tunneling", and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life. This may take up to 2-4 hours.
2. Trim wick to 5 mm before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
3. If soot forms on the inside of the container, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight!
4. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris.
5. Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. This decreases splatter of hot wax. We personally love this snuffer set from Anthropologie!
6. Draughts decrease burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
7. Efficient burning means the flame is not flickering and too large. Your flame should be teardrop shaped and upright :)
8. Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn’t controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
9. To help maximize your scent throw, keep the candle in a smaller space for 30 mins before entering. Opening windows will cause the scent throw do disipate.
10. Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. Scented candles also look great stored under a glass cloche, which also protects from dust!
11. Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a spotlights.
12. You can remove dust and fingerprints from a candle by gently rubbing the surface with a piece of soft cloth. The cloth can be dry or slightly dampened with water.