Here at Artumie Candle Studio, candle safety is a priority! Plus, we want to help you get the best burn from each and every aromatic candle purchase. Follow the guidelines below to have the safest and most satisfying candle experience:
Never leave a burning candle unattended! Put out all candles when you leave a room or before you go to sleep. Watching a movie on the couch and just "resting your eyes"? Blow out that candle first!
- Follow the 2 foot rule— don't place a burning candle near clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable.
- Keep lit candles away from drafts, ceiling fans and any air currents.
- Trim the wick to one-quarter inch each time the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Have a kitty that likes to jump on counters? We get it! Place your candle away from your kitty's favorite spots.
- A candle should not be burned for more than 3 to 4 hours at a time. Carbon will collect on the wick, and your wick will begin to "mushroom." This can cause the wick to become unstable, the flame to get too large, your candle to smoke, and soot to be released into the air and around your candle container.
- Place candle holders on a stable, heat-resistant surface that is sturdy and large enough to catch any melted wax.
- Always read and follow the warning label directions for use and safety (found on the bottom of every candle). Extinguish a candle if the flame gets too close to the bottom of the container or edges.
- Place burning candles at least 5 inches apart from one another.